Monday, January 30, 2017


Last Few Weeks of Pregnancy 

How far along: 39 weeks and counting

Size of baby girl/birth plan: We for sure know that we are having a little girl. The doctor estimates her weight around 7 lbs. – 7.5 lbs. She is so low and was hoping for some progress.  But I have not effaced or dilated at all… so sad. Not even a smidge. NOTHING…the birth plan is to have vaginal birth with an epidural. My amazing doctor in Utah told me, “if I want to be happy when I see my baby, I should get one” That was the plan. Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly and that we don’t have to get a C-section. If we do I have no idea what to expect. So prayers would be appreciated.

Weight Gain: I’m pretty sure I had a false positive on my Gestational Diabetes test. But I think it was a blessing in disguise because I didn’t gain as much weight as I thought I would. Everyone said their first pregnancy they gained the most. So I am ok with my number and the Doctor said a lot of it is water weight because of my swelling.


Stretch Marks: Yes…not until week 35. I thought I was doing so well, but they come up on ya.

Maternity Clothes: Heck yes! I also stole a couple pair of Jeremy’s sweats. I usually wear leggings/jeans and a tee shirt or a dress. My stomach is getting so big that I forget how big. I accidentally run into the table or the door thinking my stomach is small enough to fit. I forget my tummy is hard and I can’t suck it in anymore.

Food Cravings: After Christmas, I have been craving captain crunch, which is my favorite and comes with my stocking each year. Ever since then I have had more of a sweet tooth then I ever have this whole pregnancy.

Symptoms: She keeps moving on my nerves when I walk and making my leg go numb. It’s the worst when I am grocery shopping, so I have been getting the motor carts to go shopping at Wal-Mart and Target. Everyone looks at me so funny but it is starting to get worse as I get farther along. My cramps have been getting stronger and more consistent.

Belly Button, in or out: It has been an innie for the most part until these last few weeks. It has become an outie lately. Every time I laugh it sticks out more.

Movement: Little miss is moving like crazy. She has had some days were she hasn’t moved as much an I have had something sweet/cold (Dr. recommended) if she still hasn’t moved by then, we have gone to the hospital to make sure everything is ok. She then will show off once the doctors put the monitors on her or wake her up with the vibrate tool they put on the belly.

Sleep:  Not really! Haha I get up 4-5 times to go to the bathroom. She is always the most active at night. I really hope she doesn’t have her nights and days mixed up when she finally arrives. I guess time will tell. They say get your sleep before she comes, but its kind of impossible with how much she moves and kicks my bladder.

Best Moment: Getting everything set up for her to come. The hospital bags are packed. My doctor said I would be induced on my due date, which made me SO happy! I am so ready to meet her. Everyone else I know who is pregnant with their first baby has gone into labor before me…so I think it’s my turn. Haha I don’t want to wait 1-2 after. So I am so glad he made the call to the hospital. It’s a done deal!

What I'm looking forward to: Being able to bend over. Get in the car easier. EXERSIZE! I love my belly and the miracle of childbirth. I know I will miss it, but at the moment I am excited to not have a belly. I can’t wait to meet our little girl and enjoy all the first. I’m excited to meet her and hold her. To see what her personality is like and who she looks like etc. Anything and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment